Introducing a new, exclusive and innovative cable protection and installation technology for the UK’s onshore energy and utility industries.
Reduce time, cost and your carbon footprint.
Save Time & Money
- More time-efficient, cost-effective and streamlined laying operation
- Requires less staff, materials, handling, vehicles, machinery, equipment, movements and fuel
- Avoids the use of sand which is traditionally quarried, shipped and transported to site
- Allows full reuse of excavated soil, eliminating waste and the need for disposal
- Makes challenging locations and difficult ground conditions more easily accessible
- Wrapping provides higher quality protection, improving performance and operational life
- Allows for optimal electrical transit through efficient heat dissipation
- In trefoil formation the cables are continuously secured in position without the requirementfor additional banding/ties
- Carbon emissions greatly reduced with no quarrying and minimal transportation to/from site
- Fewer vehicles and machines required and for less time, with shortened project durations
- A typical single HGV load of Rockshield is sufficient to wrap 17km of 33kV circuit, eliminating around 680 tipper movements to deliver the equivalent amount of sand surround.
- The wrap system is seamlessly compatible with trenchless technology which minimises disruption to landscapes and natural habitats helping support positive reinstatement and protect biodiversity